Following Covid-19 shutdowns in many states including ours, churches are opening up with some extra precautions in place, which Trio will seek to follow, to create as safe of an environment for meeting as possible.
At least for the short-term, a number of things about Sunday worship services will be different and less convenient than we are used to.
The following are Trio's plans and details for resuming worship services:
Our next live Sunday worship service will be held at the Mora Elementary School (where we usually meet) on Sunday, June 7th, 2020. The service will begin at 10:00am, like we are used to.
All are welcome, however, if you have any sickness symptoms: coughing, sneezing, respiratory issues, fever/chills, etc, please stay home until those symptoms are clear for 2 weeks.
If you fall into high(er) risk categories and/or live or work with people who do, you might consider refraining from larger group meetings like worship services. We understand and support your decision not to attend and don't want anyone to feel pressured to risk their health or peace of mind.
- We strongly encourage everyone who is able to bring and wear masks, though they aren't absolutely required.
- If we can attain extra masks, we will try to have some on hand we can offer to people.
- We encourage kids to wear masks too if they are able.
- The school has hand-sanitizer stations and touch-free sinks/soap we want everyone to use often. Additional sanitizing options will be available.
- Seating will be in family clusters rather than rows. Per guidelines, we would like to maintain 6 feet between non-immediate family members.
- If you are by yourself, you may choose to sit with others at your and their discretion.
- We ask that people not shake hands or hug each other for now.
At least for the month of June:
- Trio will not have Trio Littles (preschool/nursery); kids will stay with parents for the entire service.
- Trio will not have Trio Kids; kids will stay with parents for the whole service.
- Trio asks parents to bring along activities for your kids, so we minimize multiple handling of items like papers, crayons, clipboards, etc.
- Trio will not be offering any refreshments. Bring your own coffee, beverages, water (refill station is available) and snacks as you want them.
It will be tricky, feel weird, and be inconvenient, but we ask for your help in maintaining social distancing, especially in these early weeks. We understand if you need to move around or step down the hall or outside with energetic kids; feel free to do what is necessary for your clan and sanity.
Meeting together is a critical aspect of pursuing God's vision for Trio to help people make meaningful, personal connections with God and people, but we want to do it with minimal risk and minimal possibility of spreading coronavirus.
Thank you for your help, patience, and flexibility as we navigate meeting together for worship again after a 12-week Coronavirus lockdown.